Chopped Broccoli with Olives
Author: Dr. Mark Hyman
Recipe type: side dish
- 1 medium head broccoli (about 1¼ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup pitted chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- Chop the broccoli into small florets. Peel the stems and cut into ½ inch pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in the broccoli florets and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until the garlic is just beginning to color.
- Add the broccoli, red pepper flakes and salt and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the olives, parsley, and lemon zest. Cook, stirring until heated throughout.
Recipe by Good Food Buzz at http://www.goodfoodbuzz.com/2012/07/20/chopped-broccoli-with-olives/