Recipe type: Dessert
- 29 large organic strawberries
- 30 large organic blueberries
- 7 large organic bananas (about 58 slices)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- To Make Coconut Cream:
- 1 cup coconut cream (skim the top layer of canned coconut milk, such as Native Forest brand)
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- stir to combine ingredients. serve chilled.
- Hull and halve 29 large strawberries and set them aside.
- Arrange 30 large blueberries, as shown, in the upper left corner of a serving tray or cutting board (it should be at least 8 by 13 inches).
- Cut 58 banana slices, ¾-inch-thick, into a bowl. sprinkle on lemon juice and
- Toss the slices gently with a rubber spatula to keep them from browning.
- Assemble the banana slices in rows as shown and top each slice with 1 teaspoon of the coconut mixture and a strawberry half.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Good Food Buzz at http://www.goodfoodbuzz.com/2012/07/03/coconut-strawberry-fruit-flag/