Sun-Dried Tomato Turkey Burgers
Author: Dr. Mark Hyman
Recipe type: Main Dish
- ◦ 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- ◦ 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ◦ 1 pound organic ground turkey meat
- ◦ 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ◦ 2-3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- ◦ 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- ◦ 1½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ◦ pinch of sea salt
- ◦ pinch of black pepper
- Cover the sun-dried tomatoes in warm water and soak until soft. This will take about 10 minutes, depending on how soft your tomatoes are to start with.
- Drain and chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and form into 4 patties.
- Grill, pan-sear or bake in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until done, about 8 minutes.
- Serve over a large salad.
- Note: As long as you started with fresh turkey (not frozen), uncooked patties can be frozen for future use.
Recipe by Good Food Buzz at http://www.goodfoodbuzz.com/2012/06/08/sun-dried-tomato-turkey-burgers/