Peach Quinoa with Flax and Nuts
Author: Dr. Mark Hyman
Recipe type: Breakfast or snack
- 1 cup quinoa, thoroughly rinsed and drained (if your brand requires this)
- 2 cups plain soy milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- pinch kosher salt (optional)
- 2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and diced or 1 ½ cup of frozen peaches
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed, ground
- 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts.
- Place the quinoa, soy milk, allspice, salt (if using) and peaches in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Cover pan and simmer on low heat for approximately 20 minutes, until the quinoa is tender.
- Top with ground flaxseed and chopped hazelnuts.
Recipe by Good Food Buzz at http://www.goodfoodbuzz.com/2012/05/28/peach-quinoa-with-flax-and-nuts/