Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Author: Dr. Hyman
Recipe type: Side dish
A perfect side dish for the fall or winter, the soft and slightly browned sweet potatoes are enhanced by the spices, while the salt and pepper provide contrast to the sweetness of the potato.
- 4 large (about two and ¼ pounds) sweet potatoes, peeled and each cut into 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of snipped chives
- kosher salt to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil, salt, black pepper, red pepper and cinnamon. Toss to combine the ingredients. Bake for about 40 minutes, until brown and soft, turning twice during cooking. Sprinkle with the chives and kosher salt, if desired.