This salad is perfect for eating healthy on Earth Day. Enjoy!
Spinach and Nectarine Salad
Recipe type: Appetiser
If you're taking this spinach salad for lunch, toss the nectarines with dressing and pack separately from greens.
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange marmalade
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon(s) salt
- ¼ teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- ¼ cup(s) slivered almonds
- 1 package(s) (7-ounce) baby spinach
- 2 ripe nectarines, pitted and cut into wedges
- In microwave-safe small bowl or 1-cup liquid measuring cup, combine marmalade and shallot. Cover with vented plastic wrap and cook in microwave on High 1 minute. Stir in vinegar, oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.
- In small skillet, cook almonds on medium 5 minutes, stirring until toasted. Set aside to cool, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, toss spinach, nectarines, and marmalade mixture until combined. Place on 2 dinner plates; scatter almonds on top.