Here’s another recipe that will really enhance your breakfast and it’s so easy to make that you can enjoy it during the work week.
Spinach Quinoa Scramble
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan (optional)
- Heat half tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet on medium-low heat. Cook minced garlic in oil for about one minute.
- Meanwhile, whisk two eggs with low-fat milk, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Add spinach to skillet. Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet. Let it sit for about 10 seconds, then start beating the eggs quickly toward the center of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- When the eggs look nearly cooked, add cooked quinoa to skillet. Mix in well.
- Transfer to plate or bowl and garnish with sprinkle of Parmesan.