I normally post recipes that I have already tried but I know for sure I will enjoy this one so I want to have the recipe handy for when I am ready to prepare it. I hope you’ll enjoy it too.
Pistachio Pesto Quinoa Salad
Author: The Naked Kitchen
Recipe type: Appetiser
- For the pesto:
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- ½ cup shelled raw pistachios
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp fresh black pepper
- For the quinoa salad:
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups packed and chopped spinach leaves
- 1 cup finely diced heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- ¼ cup finely diced orange or yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Place all the ingredients for the pesto, except the oil, in a food processor. Start the processor and slowly pour in the oil. The pesto should be creamy but still have a bit of texture to it.
- In a large bowl mix together the quinoa and pesto until evenly coated. Add the remaining ingredients in the bowl and gently toss until mixed.
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge until ready to serve.