Absolutely a delicious soup! The flavors are so right on top and it’s a good thing because I have made a whole lot of it! Try it, I don’t think you will be disappointed one bit. Be sure and leave me a comment after you try it and vote for the recipe too. Please!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise then sliced
- 1 medium carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 8 ounce pack of sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ cups diced cooked skinless chicken breast
- 6 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in a large pan or stockpot.
- Sauté onions, leeks, carrots and celery pieces until leeks and onions are softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Sprinkle herbs and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in chicken; add chicken broth and water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.