What an easy way to make a delicious meal. I could have been satisfied with just this dish but the menu was to garnish the White Bean Salad with the Walnut Pesto Chicken. So Yummy, you will have to try these two together!
White Bean Salad
Author: Dr. Mark Hyman
Recipe type: Appetiser or Main dish
This white bean salad goes well served with the Walnut Pesto Chicken, which you can review and print on my blog.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin-olive oil
- ½ mall red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (in summer, use fresh grape tomatoes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh greens of your choice (good choices are kale or chard or a combination of greens)
- pinch of sea salt
- pepper to taste
- In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil on medium heat and then add the onions, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Saute until the onions begin to brown. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place the drained beans in a medium bowl. Add the onion mixture, fresh greens, salt and pepper. Garnish with Walnut Pesto Chicken and enjoy.