This was the first time I’ve had eggplant and I have to say that I will have it again. It was very good and Mark Bittman, NY Times online has several ways to grill them. Check it out here.
Author: Mark Bittman, NY Times
Recipe type: Appetiser, Snack or side dish
- 1 large eggplant, sliced in half lengthwise
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ onions, minced
- ¼ olives, minced or pureed
- 4 to 6 olives sliced for garnish
- ⅓ cup of feta cheese, for garnish
- Slice eggplants in half lengthwise; make shallow cuts on flesh side. Combine ⅓ cup olive oil and ¼ cup each minced onion and minced or puréed olives (or tapenade); brush all over eggplant, pushing into slits.
- Grill, covered and turning as needed, until flesh is soft and skin is crisp, 20-30 minutes. Garnish: Crumbled feta and more olives.