This shake is so thick and creamy! A very good way to start the mornings and I can even fix this breakfast during the work week. I added a 1/2 teaspoon of Agave Nectar to my glass because I wanted it a little sweet. Also, the milk that I used was not plain soy milk but vanilla and I forgot to let the almonds soak overnight but they still blended well after a couple of hours of soaking.
- ¼ cup drained silken tofu
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened gluten-free soy milk (such as silk)
- 1 tablespoon organic combination flax and borage oil
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup fresh or frozen non-citrus organic fruit (such as cherries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, pears or bananas)
- ice (made from filtered water), if desired
- 2-4 ounces filtered water
- Optional: ¼ cup nuts soaked overnight (such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, or any combination)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and thoroughly combine.