Well, I probably should explain that I used crooked-neck squash for this dish and I also decided to throw in some mushrooms. Wonderful side dish with lots of flavor from the red onions! Try it for your family and let me know how the kiddies liked it! It sure is good for us!!
- 2 cups of butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 6 cups Lacinato or Tuscan kale, chopped
- ¾ cup water
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Toss the cubed squash and red onion with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt. Place in a baking pan and roast until the squash is soft. About 25 minutes.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat. Add the kale and water and cook for a few minutes, then cover with a lid to steam the kale. When the kale is tender and the water has evaporated, add the roasted squash and onions, top with the remaining olive oil and serve.