You learn something new everyday and today I have discovered that I like the lime taste! This chicken turned out so good! Double yum! It was tender and the marinate made it full of delicious flavor!
Grilled Ginger Herbed Chicken Breasts
Author: Dr. Mark Hyman
Recipe type: Main dish
The herb marinade is subtle and forms a nice crust on the chicken breast when grilled. A splash of lime juice finishes the dish.
- 4 (about 1½ pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced rosemary
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow baking dish.
- Whisk together the lime juice, extra-virgin olive oil, ginger, oregano, rosemary, garlic, salt and red and black pepper. Pour over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Do not let sit for more than 2 hours, as this affects the texture of the chicken.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or a grill pan that has been brushed with extra-virgin olive oil, to medium-high. Grill the chicken for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cooking time will vary with the thickness of the chicken.
- Serve with lime wedges.