Simple easy smart way to serve up asparagus. No fuss or bother with this recipe and the asparagus turns out crisp but tender with a really nice taste. Yum Yum!!
Author: Simply Recipes
Recipe type: side dish
- 1 bunch of medium sized asparagus, about 1 lb
- 2 Tbsp of the most exquisite extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest - freshly grated lemon rind
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the asparagus by rinsing them thoroughly, break off any tough, white bottoms and discard. Cut into 1 to 2 inch sections, slicing the asparagus at a slight diagonal.
- Fill a medium sized saucepan half way with water, bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and reduce heat slightly to a simmer. Parboil the asparagus for exactly 2 minutes. Drain the hot water. While the asparagus are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, Parmesan, and lemon rind. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Note that when you are working with so few ingredients, it's important to make sure they are of the highest quality.