Great substitute for the ‘other’ kind of sausage! The Blood Sugar Solution has done it again, given me a healthier replacement for sausage! Turkey sausage! You’ll have to try making your own sausage with turkey…you will enjoy it!
Turkey Breakfast Sausage
Author: Dr. Mark Hyman
Recipe type: Breakfast
This flavorful breakfast sausage with sage and apple is a delicious, healthy alternative to store-bought sausage.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- ¼ cup finely diced apple, such as Gala or Red Delicious
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 2 teaspoons finely minced sage
- ½ teaspoon finely minced thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the ground turkey, apple, onion, sage, thyme, 1 tablespoon of the extra-virgin olive oil, the salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into eight 4-inch patties, each about ½ inch thick.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until firm to the touch.