Forget about barbeque, forget about fatty hot dogs, forget about cookouts under the hot sun. This 4th of July I liberated myself and prepared a delicious orange roughy in under 30 minutes!
Almond-Flax Crusted Orange Roughy
Recipe type: Main, Entree
- 4 orange roughy fillets
- ½ c. almond meal
- 3 tbsp. ground flax
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp. fresh onion, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towel.
- Pour almond meal and flax into a small bowl and stir to mix evenly.
- In another small bowl combine the olive oil, almond butter, lemon juice, and all spices and herbs. Mix in small food processor or by hand. Once combined add the fish to this mixture.
- Remove fish from marinade bowl and place on baking tray. Sprinkle half of the almond/flax mixture evenly across one side of all 4 pieces of fish. Pat each fillet with hand to better adhere the “crust” to the fish. Carefully turn over each fillet and repeat process using the remaining half of the almond/flax mixture on the other side of the 4 fillets
- Place tray with crusted fillets in center of the oven and bake for 20–30 minutes.
ALMOND MEAL CAN be found in many grocery stores in the organic or baking sections. You can make your own almond meal by finely grinding whole, sliced or crushed almonds in a food processor or magic bullet until it achieves the same consistency and size as the ground flax. Marinate the fillets in all ingredients, except the almond meal and flax, anywhere from 1–24 hours prior to making the dish to enhance the flavor or prepare the dish in advance.