These potatoes were so good. Just how they were supposed to be; crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. And I didn’t even think of putting butter on them! I really enjoyed them but I had to cook them a little longer than 25 minutes. I may not have had the heat up high enough. Try for your 4th party…they are much better for you than french fries! haha.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ pounds red potatoes, cut into ½ inch dice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and turn to coat them in the oil. Sprinkle the potatoes with the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes. The potatoes are done when they are crisp and brown on the outside and soft inside. If the potatoes are browning too quickly, reduce the heat.
- When done, sprinkle the potatoes with the black pepper and chives before serving.