Another ‘creamy’ soup from Dr. Hyman’s book The Ultra Metabolism Cookbook. This cookbook is a “God Send” from my sister. It has been a blessing to have it. It is full of great recipes and the Creamy Cauliflower is one of them!
Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Author: Dr. Mark Hyman
Recipe type: Appetiser and Entree
The fresh herbs add a nice flavor and color to this smooth and creamy soup.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small leeks, white and pale green parts only, thoroughly washed and chopped (about
- 1¼ cups)
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets and thinly sliced
- 5 cups organic low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth or stock
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add the cauliflower, broth, salt and black pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, then cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Let the soup cool slightly. Puree the soup, in batches, in a blender until smooth. Return the soup to the pan and add the parsley and ground red pepper. Heat the soup through and garnish with chives before serving.