Oh YES! I just found an old recipe of mine that I love. And the best part is that I can HAVE this dish and not be cheating on this Blood Sugar Solution program. Maybe, you too will enjoy this breakfast dish. It’s yummy and so easy to prepare.
Olive and Egg Frittata
Author: Rachael Ray
Recipe type: Breakfast
Easy way to spice up those eggs!
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper, drained, pat dry and diced
- ½ to ⅔ cup drained chopped Spanish green olives with pimiento
- 6 eggs
- Generous splash half-and-half or milk
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a small 6 to 8-inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add onion to the hot oil and cook until soft and tender but not caramelized - keep the onion white. Add roasted peppers and olives and combine. Beat the eggs with half-and-half or milk and season them with salt and pepper. (Go easy on the salt because of the olives.) Pour the eggs into the skillet and keep settling them to the bottom of the pan as you would an omelet. When the eggs are firm on the bottom and set, transfer pan to the oven for about 10 minutes until top is golden brown. Cut and serve from the skillet or invert the frittata on to a serving plate.