Shrimp is one of my all-time favorites! This recipe tastes as delicious as it looks. It’s a wonderful way to enjoy shrimp and veggies. Sorry, but I forgot to get a picture of it after it was cooked.
Grilled Shrimp Brochettes
Author: Dr. Mark Hyman
Recipe type: Appetizer
Wonderful way to enjoy a few shrimp. Great taste with all the spices
- Shrimp Brochettes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp minced oregano
- 2 tsp minced parsley
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb large (21–25 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Mix together the extra-virgin olive oil, oregano, parsley, garlic, lemon zest, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Toss the shrimp in the olive oil and herbs.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Thread the shrimp on 4 skewers, placing 5 to 6 shrimp on each skewer.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. If using a grill pan, brush with 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil before heating. Grill the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with the lemon wedges.