Salmon Salad in Steamed Collard Wraps
Author: Dr. Mark Hyman
Recipe type: Lunch
Quick easy snack which allows you to use a green leafy vegetable vs bread! Yummy! I am on the advanced program for the diabesity so therefore I do not have the rice with this dish.
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 4 medium collard leaves
- 1 (7.5 ounce) can unsalted salmon
- 2 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced.
- Follow directions for cooking rice from package.
- For Collard Greens:
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a large saute pan
- Place collard greens in water, cover and turn off heat
- Allow to sit 1 minute
- Rinse the collard greens under cold water
- For Salmon Salad:
- Drain juice from the canned salmon
- Place salmon (skin and small bones included) in a med. bowl and flake the salmon
- Add onion, oil. garlic, capers (and cooked rice)
- Lay out each steamed collard leaf on a plate and divide the salmon and sliced tomatoes among the four plates. Feel free to add a little of your favorite pre-made sugar-salad dressing or an extra splash of olive oil. Roll the collard greens as you would a tortilla and enjoy!